Annually termites and other subterranean pest cause an estimated $30 billion in damage to crops and structures in the United states.
The United States government, (taxpayers) spend upwards of 2 to 3 billion dollars annually in control and damage repair, additionally the United States Department of Defense spends millions protecting and repairing military structures.
Homeowners spend an average of three thousand dollars in damage repair once termites are detected.
Implementing a product such as Peliton's Termite Bait Stations to detect termites BEFORE they damage a structure is essential in lowering these numbers.
- Homeowners average $7,900 of damage before realizing they have termites.
- Damage from termites is not covered by most homeowner’s insurance.
- There are approximately 2,300 species of termites worldwide.
- Termites live in dark, damp areas whereby they are not exposed to air.
- Termites are one of the few organisms that live on cellulose, (wood).
- Female termites may live up to 20 years.
- Termite colonies have been known to exist for 100 years.
- Termites get their nutrition from the cellulose in wood.
- Termites never sleep.
- Termites are related to cockroaches.
- Termites are often confused with flying ants.
- Worker and soldier termites are blind.
- Termites are members of the ant family.
- Brick houses on concrete slabs are not susceptible to termite infestation.
- I've never seen termites, so I have nothing to worry about.
- Termites only attack older homes.
- Hardwoods are safe from termite attack.
- Termites are only found in warmer regions.
- Termites are not found in the northern United States.